The Posidonia international marine fair, one of the most important calendar events of the marine industry, is preparing to open its doors 6th of June In the Athens Metropolitan Expo.
Running through June 10, the exhibition will offer delegates and hosts a much-anticipated platform for learning, sharing and networking after a four-year hiatus since the last time it was held in its traditional physical format.
According to the organizer Posidonia exhibitionsthat Conference and seminar program of Posidonia 2022 will delve deep into the critical issues facing the global maritime community while the global economy tries to concoct antidotes to heal the wounds of the ongoing war in Ukraine and the severe side effects of the pandemic caused by Covid-19.
The influence of skyrocketing energy prices, disrupted supply chains and imminent environmental regulations increasing the pressure on shipowners and fleet operators to deliver profitability, shareholder value and 90 percent of world trade, making the June Posidonia exhibition a must-attend event not only for maritime stakeholders but also for industry-wide decision makers, regulators and policy makers as well as for Government officials, world leaders, analysts and academics.
“The crafting of our program, featuring distinguished speakers and rich content of inspirational keynote addresses, thought-provoking panel discussions, persuasive presentations, seminars and workshops, is designed to inspire the entrepreneurial spirit of the international maritime community in its quest for success in these challenging economic and geopolitical circumstances,” said Theodore VokosManaging Director, Posidonia Exhibitions SA
That TradeWinds Shipowner Forum will open the conference program with a stimulating discussion on how to tackle the time-defining challenge of decarbonization. Under the motto “Seize the Moment in the Energy Transition” the signature TradeWinds forum will play a role three strong panel discussions and showcase opportunities to network with peers and industry leaders.
In addition, the Posidonia conference agenda includes:
- a panel discussion on the topic Importance of decarbonization for shipowners The host is BIMCO, the world’s largest direct member organization for shipowners.
- that 3rd Seminar on Trade in US Waterswhich will focus on the energy transition.
- “Digitization demystified” and “All hands on deck: Shaping the future of seafaring”: two sessions of the inaugural Seatrade Maritime Summit in cooperation with the Global Maritime Club.
- a series of panels of the Capital Link Forum addressing a variety of issues impacting the industry such as: B. Challenges in supply and demand, LNG/LPG, green shipping, digitization and financing difficulties.
- HELMEPA conference will present sustainable shipping with a lively panel discussion of three generations of distinguished Greek shipowners and cross-industry leaders from the international community
- its very interactive and engaging SHARK TANK eventwhere young entrepreneurs are given the opportunity to pitch their ideas for innovative technologies that will advance the shipping industry to an audience of shipowners and potential investors.
- WISTA HELLAS ‘Women at Sea’ event entitled ‘How close are we to gender diversity on board ships?’ seeks to identify the reasons for the low number of women seafarers on board and whether we need more effective measures to promote women’s seafaring careers.
- This year’s version of the YES to the shipping forum offers students, graduates and young maritime leaders the opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with exhibiting companies at Posidonia 2022 and to participate in a panel discussion on career opportunities in the shipping industry.
For more information on the upcoming Posidonia 2022 conference and seminar program, please visit: https://posidonia-events.com/events/konferenzen-und-seminare/
Posidonia is organized under the auspices of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Island Policy, the Union of Greek Shipowners and the Hellenic Chamber of Shipping, and with the support of the City of Piraeus and the Hellenic Maritime Cooperation Committee.
Follow GTP headlines on Google News to keep up to date with the latest tourism and travel information in Greece.